Hiking in PillerseeTal
Fascinating hiking landscapes wihtin the Kitzbüheler Alps in Tyrol
PillerseeTal leaves hikers wanting for nothing: those who imagine that the mountains in Tirol are only rugged three-thousand metre affairs, are very much mistaken. Whether it is the Steinplatte, the Buchensteinwand or the Wildseeloder – in Fieberbrunn, Hochfilzen, St. Jakob in Haus, St. Ulrich am Pillersee and Waidring you will find an inspiring hiking landscape.
In PillerseeTal you don't necessarily have to tackle high alpine routes, you can also hike on the short routes, which still offer plenty of variety. Challenging summit tours for ambitious mountain climbers and hikers are also available.
10 "hikeable" cases which are convincing:
- Three cable cars Bergbahnen decrease your journey time to the top: Bergbahn Waidring-Steinplatte, Bergbahnen Fieberbrunn and Bergbahn Pillersee/Buchensteinwand
- Extensive leisure opportunities on the mountain for all the family - Triassic Park in Waidring and Timoks Alm in Fieberbrunn
- Versatile and multi-faceted range of tours, on around 400 kilometres
- Signposted hiking trails
- Fantastic panorama routes, providing superb views
- GPS compiled Nordic Walking routes
- Challenging via ferrata routes and variety-packed climbing routes
- Guided hiking tours with Tirol's mountain specialists
- Fantastic hiking events
- Interesting themed and pilgrimage trails (Triassic Trail, Tirol's alpine flower trails, Jakobsweg trail and the Sagenweg trail)
Long distance hiking trail
Unterwegs zum 2.078 m hohen Gipfel "Henne". Begleitet uns auf der Tour!
Our summer mountain railways
Die Buchensteinwand - BERGBAHN PILLERSEE
Mountain huts, alpine schools and interactive map
Cuisine and pleasure
Mountain adventure worlds in the PillerseeTal
Don't miss a visit to our mountain adventure worlds : Timoks Alm and Coaster in Fieberbrunn, the Triassic Park on the Waidringer Steinplatte, the Jakobskreuz on the top of the Buchensteinwand and the adventure park Familienland in St. Jakob in Haus.
Timoks Alm and Timoks Coaster
An alpine pasture is no petting zoo!
Hikers and grazing animals: this is how you behave!