Start this hike in the hamlet of Wiesenschwang in Oberndorf where you follow the signs to Bassgeigeralm and Müllneralm. Just after Müllneralm pick up the narrow path through meadows and a forest to Stanglalm. From Stanglalm the trail climbs gently to Harschbichl where you follow Ludwig-Scheiber trail to the cross on Kitzbüheler Horn. This part of the hike is especially scenic with plenty of great vista points. The last, short, stretch to the summit is along an asphalt road. Take the gondola down to the valley and hop on the train to get back to your staring point.
- Partially open
- access_time10:00 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt20,0 kmDistance
- terrain1962 mHighest point
- trending_up1342 mUphill
- trending_down1340 mDownhill
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- forest and meadow paths, partially exposed mountain trails
- Steady trekking shoes
Snacks and full drink bottles
Fully charged mobile phone and charger
First aid kit
- Starting from the region St. Johann in Tirol (Click here for driving description) ontinue on the Speckbacher Straße along the Römerweg to Oberndorf / Wiesenschwang.
- Oberndorf Wiesenschwang car park