- access_time9:00 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt21,1 kmDistance
- terrain1787 mHighest point
- trending_up1278 mUphill
- trending_down1273 mDownhill
Drive along the Kaiserbachtal toll-road to Griesner Alm (1024m). Walk through sparse deciduous forests and wide pastures at the foot of the rugged Wilder Kaiser rock walls to Stripsenjochhaus (1577m). Shortly after the refuge a short stretch of the trail is secured with steel cables. If you want you can make a quick side hike to Stripsenkopf (1807m). The trail then follows the ridge of Feldberg (1813m), which is covered in dwarf pine and offers spectacular views of the Kitzbüheler Alpen and the Kaiser Massif. After a relaxing break, hike back to Griesner Alm via Vordere Ranggenalm and Hintere Ranggenalm. Alternatively you can hike down on Ranggenalmsteig trail and then head back to Griesner Alm.
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- Narrow rocky partially exposed trails, gravel
- Steady trekking shoes
Snacks and full drink bottles
Fully charged mobile phone and charger
First aid kit
- Starting from the region St. Johann in Tirol (Click here for driving description) follow the B176 to Griesenau and turn left at the Kaiserbachtal.
- Parking lot Kaiserbachtal (Kaiserbachtal 1a)