The starting point for this bike tour is the Wasserfeld car park P3 in Hopfgarten. From there follow signpost no. 269 Salvenbergrunde to the centre of the village. There you turn right past the Hopfgarten information office and cycle on to the Salvenbahn valley station. Take the cable car to the middle station in Hopfgarten. From there, cycle in the direction of the Hohe Salve reservoir and on to the Salvensee lake. Follow trail no. 90 past the Alpengasthof Rigi in the direction of the Kraftalm. Take the Salvistabahn cable car back down into the valley. Alternatively, you can also take the cable car from the Kleine Salve to Itter. Follow trail no. 3 in the direction of Itter.
You cycle back to the starting point, past the sports field, via Hacha to Hopfgarten.
- access_time3:00 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt20,4 kmDistance
- terrain1601 mHighest point
- trending_up1178 mUphill
- trending_down1180 mDownhill
- check difficult / black
- Asphalt, gravel
- Cycling helmet
suitable cycling clothing
cycling map (available at the local TVBs)
water bottle with enough water
- Coming from Innsbruck/Munich: A12 exit Wörgl Ost - feeder road B178 towards St. Johann i. T. & Kitzbühel - after tunnel exit towards Hopfgarten - at roundabout take B170 towards Hopfgarten - in Hopfgarten under railway subway and right over bridge towards Kelchsau - destination is on right hand side on Kelchsauer Straße immediately after crossing.
Coming from Kitzbühel: B170 Brixentalstraße direction Wörgl - in Hopfgarten before the second railway subway turn left direction Kelchsau - cross the bridge - destination is on the right hand side at Kelchsauer Straße immediately after the crossroads.
- Bus stop: Hopfgarten Berglift
Train station: Hopfgarten Berglift
Guest card = travel ticket - bus & train included!
- Car park P3 Wasserfeld (free of charge)
Lift car park - free of charge when using the gondola