Starting point is at the Gaisberg lift’s valley station in Kirchberg. From there we cycle leisurely along the river to the Obwiesen district where we turn right towards Kleinseite. From here we cycle uphill, at the beginning on an asphalt road, but soon the road turns into a gravel path. The route leads through the forest along a few serpentine bends. The forest thins out and you pass a crossroads where you could make a detour to Bärstättalm. Otherwise, we take the path straight ahead. It is a little flatter and passes a few mountain pastures before it ascends again shortly before we reach our destination. At the top, a fantastic view awaits us as far as Aschau and the Großer Rettenstein as well as over the whole of Kirchberg. The innkeepers of the Kobingerhütte provide food and beverages.
There are several options for the descent:
- same route back
- Route 276 to the Skirast district
- Descent via the Wiegalmtrail
- Continue on the route to the Wiegalm and cycle downhill towards the Brixenbachalm and via the valley cycle path from Brixen back to Kirchberg.
- access_time2:00 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt8,4 kmDistance
- terrain1504 mHighest point
- trending_up681 mUphill
- check Medium difficulty / red
- Zu Beginn Asphalt, dann breite Schotterstraße
- MTB, EMTB
- Parkmöglichkeit an der Talstation des Gaisbergliftes, Anreise mit dem öffentlichen Bus