The tour starts in the center of St. Johann in Tirol. From there you hike to the hamlet of Mitterndorf. Arrived at the chapel, the hike leads along the Krebsbach stream to the hamlet of Aiglsau. Via a narrow forest path you will get up to the high plateau Scheffau. There is a magnificent view of St. Johann in Tirol between the Kitzbüheler Horn and the Kaisergebirge. Continue hiking on a trail through the forest until you reach the forest road. This leads you up to the Sameralm. From the Spielberghorn over the Wildseeloder to the Kitzbüheler Horn - the peaks present themselves in front of you. Now you hike via the Guggeralm to the highest mountain farmer in St. Johann in Tirol - the Alberer farm. At the end of the road you will reach the farming hamlet of Reitham. In the middle of it, a small chapel adorns the place.
Via a small road, across wide fields, you walk back towards St. Johann in Tirol. You can watch the sports planes take off and land.
TIP: There is no catered alpine pasture along the route, so please take enough drinks and snacks with you.
- access_time5:15 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt15,7 kmDistance
- terrain1122 mHighest point
- trending_up513 mUphill
- trending_down515 mDownhill
- check easy / hiking trail
- Asphalt, gravel, forestpaths
- Sturdy pair of shoes with grip sole
Breathable outdoor clothing
Food and drinks
First aid kit
Mobile phone with fully charged battery
Hiking map & guide
Sun protection (sunglasses, sun cream & cap)
- Starting from the region St. Johann in Tirol (Click here for driving description)
- St. Johann in Tirol parking lot Wieshoferstraße
More information about the tour
Arrival to starting pointPlan route