This hike starts at the hamlet Hinterkaiser in St. Johann in Tirol. Follow the signs to “Einsiedelei” (Hermitage) along the meadows at the foot of the Niederkaiser Ridge and through a forest to the Einsiedelei Chapel. The trail continues across a clearing and then climbs to Gmail Chapel from where it winds its way steeply towards Niederkaiserkamm. Once you have reached the ridge, the trail climbs and falls for a while, offering great views of the Kitzbüheler Horn and St. Johann. Tip: Take a break at „Ursulablick“ - you enjoy marvelous views! At Gscheuerkopf (1279m) the trail has a short climbing section, which is secured with steel cables. Then continue to the Kaiser Niederalm and Granderalm. At Granderalm there is an iron ladder (prerequisites: sure footedness and a good head for heights) down to Schleier waterfall – another highlight along your walk.
From there, Trail No. 818 takes you past the waterfall down to the valley. Then follow the trails of „Moor & more“, and return via Rummlerhof back to your starting point.
- access_time7:00 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt16,1 kmDistance
- terrain1373 mHighest point
- trending_up954 mUphill
- trending_down954 mDownhill
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- asphalt, narrow mountain trails with partially exposed areas
- Steady trekking shoes
Snacks and full drink bottles
Fully charged mobile phone and charger
First aid kit
- Starting from the region St. Johann in Tirol (Click here for driving description)
- Koasa Stadion, Nothegger Parkplatz, Steinlechnerplatz