The starting point of this hike is the parking lot at Gasthof Wegscheid in Kurzen Grund. From there, follow the signs no. 728 in the direction of Schafsiedel. Along the forest path you reach the alpine pasture area and the Neue Bamberger Hütte. On well-marked mountain paths you walk past the Lower and Middle Wildalmsee lakes, over some terrain steps you reach the Upper Wildalmsee lake and then the Schafsiedel (2,447 m).
You return to the starting point via the same path.
Despite the refreshment facilities, we recommend that you take food and drink with you for the tour.
- Partially open
- access_time6:45 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt15,6 kmDistance
- terrain2447 mHighest point
- trending_up1280 mUphill
- trending_down1280 mDownhill
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- Forest path, hiking path
- outdoor clothing
sufficient food and water
First aid kit
Mobile phone with full battery & charger
Hiking map & guide literature
Possibly a GPS device or download the GPS data to your mobile phone
Sun protection (sunglasses, sunscreen & cap)
Rainwear & cash
- From Innsbruck/Munich: A12 exit Wörgl Ost - feeder road B178 towards St. Johann i. T. & Kitzbühel - after the tunnel exit towards Hopfgarten - at the roundabout take the B170 towards Hopfgarten - turn right after the underpass and cross the bridge towards Kelchsau - into the valley on the L205 Kelchsauer Straße approx. 10 km to the toll station (car toll EUR 5.-) - after the toll station turn left – into the Kurzer Grund valley to Gasthof Wegscheid.
From Kitzbühel: B170 Brixentalstraße direction Wörgl - in Hopfgarten before the second railway underpass turn left over the bridge direction Kelchsau - approx. 10 km to toll station (car toll EUR 5,-) - after toll station turn left – into the Kurzer Grund valley to Gasthof Wegscheid
- bus: Steinerbrücke" in Kelchsau
Guest card = travel ticket - bus & train included!
- free parking at the toll station Kelchsau or directly at Gasthof Wegscheid