- access_time5:40 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt5,2 kmDistance
- terrain1921 mHighest point
- trending_up880 mUphill
- trending_down880 mDownhill
From Gasthof Auwirt along the Gebraweg to the junction to Hochkogel and take the street to the farm house "Rohr". There the ascent to the Karstein begins. Continue to the upper pastures of the Edenhausalm, the further on via the northeast crest to the peak. Retourn via the same route.
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- Gravel, meadow, mountain pine fields
- Breathable outdoor clothing, sturdy shoes, food (snacks, drinks), first aid kit, mobile phone with full battery, hiking map, possibly a GPS device or download the GPS data to the mobile phone, sun protection (sunglasses, sun cream & cap), rain protection, cash; guest card if using the bus.
- Coming from St. Johann i.T. or Hochfilzen via the B164 Hochkönig Bundesstraße (coming from Waidring / St. Ulrich via the L2 Pillerseestraße) to Fieberbrunn. At the Lehmgrube football pitch, turn off into Gebraweg and follow the road into the valley. At the end of the asphalt road, turn right in the direction of Hochkogel / Bärfeld and continue to the starting point.
- Parking for a few cars at the Rohr farm. Alternative: park at the Aubad Fieberbrunn and allow 1h walking time to the starting point.