The starting point of the hike is the information office in Hopfgarten. From there you follow the tracks of the long-distance hiking trail KAT Walk into the center of Hopfgarten. Past the Gasthof Traube, the road leads to the Cafe Lois. Directly in front of the café, opposite the Raiffaisenbank, turn left into the Lukasfeld and follow the signposting No. 73 in the direction of Penningdörfl.
Once in Dörfl, cross the road after the chapel and walk along the Trauchaweg in the direction of Hörbrunn (No. 73). After crossing the Hörbrunn bridge, follow the path past Salvenaland to the starting point (no. 6).
- access_time2:30 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt12,0 kmDistance
- terrain877 mHighest point
- trending_up279 mUphill
- trending_down272 mDownhill
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- Asphalt and forest road
- outdoor clothing
sufficient food and drinks
First aid kit
Mobile phone with full battery & charger
Hiking map & guide literature
Possibly a GPS device or download the GPS data to your mobile phone
Sun protection (sunglasses, sunscreen & cap)
- Coming from Innsbruck/Munich: A12 exit Wörgl Ost - feeder road B178 direction St. Johann i. T. & Kitzbühel - after tunnel exit direction Hopfgarten - at roundabout take B170 direction Hopfgarten - in Hopfgarten before railway subway turn left direction Salvena - follow signs to destination.
Coming from Kitzbühel: B170 Brixentalstraße in the direction of Wörgl - in Hopfgarten, after the second railway subway, take the first exit on the right in the direction of Salvena - follow the signs to your destination.
- bus: Hopfgarten Berglift Bahnhof
train: Hopfgarten Berglift Bahnhof
- Wasserfeld car park (free of charge)
Lift car park - free of charge when using the gondola