The castle museum in the pilgrimage site of Mariastein houses various magnificient exhibits from Austria's past in the knight's hall, including sacred objects made of gold and silver, pilgrimage plaques, ancestral gallery, musical instruments and more.
The most important pieces in the museum, the Tyrolean state insignia with the archduke's hat and sceptre which were donated by Prince Maximilian around 1600,can be visited in the pilgrimage church all year round.
The castle chapel and the mechanically operated Easter grave are also accessible during the opening hours of the pilgrimage church (8 a.m.- 5 p.m.)
The knight's hall can only be visited with a guide and by appointment (admission: EUR 3)
Bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to +43 6802064180