Ski tours in PillerseeTal
...in the snowiest region in Tyrol!
Try out ski touring for yourself. An ascent across the pistes is an ideal opportunity to train, and also to relax. Head through the unspoilt natural surroundings up to the summit under your own steam. The wonderful tranquillity and beautiful views are as much a part of the allure of this sport as the final descent on untracked slopes. And all this is far removed from the hustle and bustle, in and with nature! Tirol is probably the best known state in Austria for ski touring aficionados. From easy tours through to difficult altitude tours, the Kitzbüheler Alpen offers the right terrain for every ski tourer. Investigate the ski tour paradise of PillerseeTal in Tirol and choose a tour to suit your needs from our wide range of tour offers.
In the PillerseeTal there are various rentals, where you can borrow your ski touring equipment. No matter if you are a professional or a beginner - every rental company offers you the perfect equipment for your ski tour in Tyrol. Rent the skis, poles, shoes and skins with the winter sports experts in the Kitzbühel Alps!
Rules for pistes users in the Kitzbüheler Alpen
You are responsible for your own safety out on the pistes too. Alpine hazards, in particular the risk of avalanche, are something which you have to evaluate yourself. Bring emergency equipment with you. Ski pistes are made available to cable car and lift users in the first instance. To avoid any accidents and conflicts, we would ask you to pay attention to the following recommendations as well as the FIS rules of conduct:
- Pay attention to warning signs and local rules.
- Follow the instructions when a piste or section of piste is closed. Dangerous situations may arise when piste machinery is in use - in particular when cable winches are used - or in the event of avalanche etc. This means that for safety reasons pistes may be closed for the duration of the work being carried out.
- Only ascend at the edge of the piste, behind one another.
- Only cross the piste at visible points and leave plenty of space between one another.
- Only ski on the edge area of freshly prepared pistes. Tracks which have frozen overnight may considerably impair the quality of the pistes.
- Leave the piste by 10:30 p.m., or by the time stipulated by the cable car company.
- Be seen. When it is dark, or when visibility is poor, use a head lamp, reflective clothing etc.
- During piste tours in particular, use only the dedicated ascent routes/pistes.
- Do not bring dogs on to the pistes.
- Use the designated car parking areas and pay any parking fees which are due.
Certified mountain and ski guides
The certified ski instructors, ski guides and mountain schools show you the most beautiful runs and give you insider tips for ski touring in Tyrol. The tours are a great experience for both beginners and experienced skiers. Inform yourself directly at the mountain schools of the region!