Kitzbühel Alps booking security
Travel insurance and cancellation possibilities for your Winter holiday
For your winter vacation the accomodations of the Kitzbühel Alps will offer you various cancellation guarantees. To be on the safe side, we recommend that you take out travel insurance for the coming winter season. With this you are insured for a possible Covid-19 illness, as well as for other unexpected serious illnesses.
You will find a detailed list of your travel cancellation rights in the FAQs below.
FAQs - Frequently asked questions
1. When you are unable to commence the booked trip for reasons related to a COVID-19 infection AND it is covered by insurance.
For this purpose, we recommend the Europäische Reiseversicherung. This grants you cover, if you, as an insured customer, cannot commence your trip or have to cancel it,
- because you have developed COVID-19 symptoms,
- because you have recorded a high temperature (even if a subsequent test result is negative),
- because you have tested positive for COVID-19 without showing any symptoms,
- because a close relative (*) or someone from your household is infected by COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required,
- because a close relative (*) in the same household is infected by COVID-19 and you must therefore go into quarantine, or
- because you become unable to travel during your stay due to illness and have to extend the trip. There is coverage during the involuntary prolongation of your holiday.
You can find out more information about the insurance benefits of the Europäische Reiseversicherung here.
2. When a closure of your booked accommodation is imposed by the authorities (e.g. quarantines, lock down by the government in the country of your holiday)
In this case, the accommodation provider cannot charge guests any cancellation fees, as the agreed services (accommodation, catering etc.) can no longer be provided.
3. Should you opt for one of our cancellation policies, you can cancel free of charge up to the specified cut-off date (depending on the accommodation 2,7, 15 or 28 days) in the event of a travel warning or similar risk in relation to COVID-19.
For independent trips there is no explicit legal right of cancellation in the event of travel warnings. Whether you are able to cancel a booked stay in the event of a travel warning will depend on the legal opinion of the Association of the Hotel Industry according to the reasonableness of the trip.