Kitzbühel Alps booking security
Travel insurance and cancellation possibilities for your holiday
Your advantages of the flexible cancellation guarantee:
checkFree cancellation up to 48 hours before arrival (depending on accommodation between 2 and 15 days)
checkFree cancellation up to the day of arrival in the event of border closures or entry bans in the Kitzbühel Alps or in the event of officially imposed closures of accommodations
checkFree cancellation in the event of a ban on leaving the home municipality
checkApplies to the summer season 2021
Note: Please note that there may be different cancellation conditions on certain weeks during peak season. The exact conditions will be displayed when booking accommodation.
FAQs - Frequently asked questions
1. When you are unable to commence the booked trip for reasons related to a COVID-19 infection AND it is covered by insurance.
For this purpose, we recommend the Europäische Reiseversicherung. This grants you cover, if you, as an insured customer, cannot commence your trip or have to cancel it,
- because you have developed COVID-19 symptoms,
- because you have recorded a high temperature (even if a subsequent test result is negative),
- because you have tested positive for COVID-19 without showing any symptoms,
- because a close relative (*) or someone from your household is infected by COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required,
- because a close relative (*) in the same household is infected by COVID-19 and you must therefore go into quarantine, or
- because you become unable to travel during your stay due to illness and have to extend the trip. There is coverage during the involuntary prolongation of your holiday.
You can find out more information about the insurance benefits of the Europäische Reiseversicherung here.
2. When a closure of your booked accommodation is imposed by the authorities (e.g. quarantines, lock down by the government in the country of your holiday)
In this case, the accommodation provider cannot charge guests any cancellation fees, as the agreed services (accommodation, catering etc.) can no longer be provided.
3. Should you opt for one of our cancellation policies, you can cancel free of charge up to the specified cut-off date (depending on the accommodation 2,7, 15 or 28 days) in the event of a travel warning or similar risk in relation to COVID-19.
For independent trips there is no explicit legal right of cancellation in the event of travel warnings. Whether you are able to cancel a booked stay in the event of a travel warning will depend on the legal opinion of the Association of the Hotel Industry according to the reasonableness of the trip.
Legally, you are entitled to cancel accommodation within the agreed time frame, without providing any reason. In times like these we would however ask for common sense. We would therefore ask that you only make use of the right of cancellation when it is unsafe for you to travel, in connection to the Corona pandemic. In the event of cancellation at short notice, out hosts will for the most part not have time to re-let any accommodation that becomes available.
The promotion is valid for all bookings at participating accommodations via the Kitzbüheler Alpen website for the 2021 summer season and for the 21/22 winter season.