The starting point of the tour is the Hopfgarten middle station. From there, follow the path to the Hohe Salve reservoir (no. 99). Continue hiking to the next lake, the Salvensee (no. 90/99). When you reach the second lake, follow the signs in the direction of Alpengasthof Rigi (no. 71). Past the Rigi, the trail leads to the Kleine Salve reservoir. (No. 67/68). At the Kälberalm, keep to the right and first follow the signs for no. 70 Kraftalm. At the next fork, follow trail no. 70 in the direction of the Kleine Salve reservoir. Back to the starting point, follow signpost no. 65 Mittelstation Hopfgarten.
Alternatively, you can hike from the Salvensee lake to the Hohe Salve (no. 90). Past the Hopfgarten mountain station, follow trail no. 65 in the direction of Alpengasthof Rigi. This extends the hike by 01:50 h and 300 metres in altitude.
3 Lakes Tour
- access_time3:15 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt9,7 kmDistance
- terrain1610 mHighest point
- trending_up515 mUphill
- trending_down515 mDownhill
3 Lakes Tour
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- Forest road, alpine road, hiking trail
- outdoor clothing
sufficient food and drinks
First aid kit
Mobile phone with full battery & charger
Hiking map & guide literature
Possibly a GPS device or GPS data to download onto your mobile phone.
Sun protection (sunglasses, sun cream & cap)
- Coming from Innsbruck/Munich: A12 exit Wörgl Ost - feeder road B178 towards St. Johann i. T. & Kitzbühel - after the tunnel exit towards Hopfgarten - at the roundabout take the B170 towards Hopfgarten - in Hopfgarten before the railway subway turn left towards SkiWelt - follow the signs to your destination.
Coming from Kitzbühel: B170 Brixentalstraße direction Wörgl - in Hopfgarten after the second railway subway take the first exit on the right direction SkiWelt - follow the signs to the finish.
- Train: Hopfgarten Berglift station
Bus: Hopfgarten Berglift bus stop
- Wasserfeldparkplatz P3