National Park Centre Hohe Tauern Mittersill. Museum and fantastic excursion in Salzburg's countryside
It's well worth a day's excursion! Nature's indoor experience for families and national park enthusiasts.
Especially in bad weather, the huge under cover "Alpine adventure world" becomes an indoor site of natural beauty. Even in bright sunlight it is certainly worth seeing!
National Park Centre 360°- Panorama: Nature at your fingertips!
"National Park 360º" is a revolutionary Alpine nature film experience being projected in the newly constructed state-of-the-art 360-degree panorama theater at ...
Get to know the diversity of the National Park! There are 10 National Park Worlds in the 1.800 m² adventure world:
- Nationalpark 360°: breath-taking panorama film
- Eagle's Flight Panorama - Journey into the Arctic - Climate station
- Marmots & Co. - the world of Alpine animals and plants
- Treasures of the Hohe Tauern: rock crystals, gold and minerals
- Mountain Forest Gallery and Sounds: spruce, pine, larch & co.
- Enacted mountain life - Pinzgau mountain animals and flowering plants
- Wild Waters - life in mountain streams
- Avalanche-Dome with 270° projection film with surround-sound
- The Touchable Glacier - the iceberg
- Virtual Tour with shop/restaurant
Experience close-up what the Alpine animals and world of plants look like in the marmots burrow. The Eagles's Flight Panorama allows you to enjoy the beautiful landscape of the National Park Hohe Tauern from an eagle's perspective. Wander into the world of glaciers in the search for ice and snow. Or take part in an "underwater walk" in a mountain stream. The 5-metre high cinema box simulates what it could feel like to stand under a mighty waterfall. And when it all gets too much, tired children and adults can relax in the artificial mountain pastures among cows, other animals and chirping birds.
As well as that, all the Tauern treasures are disclosed in their impressive forms in a 3D film. Of course you can see Austria's highest mountain, the Grossglockner (3,798m) displaying the most powerful glacier slopes and formation of the Alps. Believe it or not, there are 342 glaciers to be found in the Hohe Tauern.
In the National Park Centre Hohe Tauern learn all about the historical origin of the Hohe Tauern: the ancient continent came into being 250 million years BC, in the time of the dinosaurs. Over millions of years, today's rock formations were formed in the world's oceans. When the ocean platforms shifted, the Hohe Tauern was "born".
The Hohe Tauern National Park is a unique habitat in the heart of Europe.