Ski touring in Tyrol: Rules for ski tourers
Nature is sensitive and reacts to changes immediately or often only after a number of years. Mostly it's the ignorance of hikers and sportspeople that startles wildlife, thus upsetting the balance of nature. Because those who do not sufficiently understand the concerns of others will also find it hard to respect them. That's why in Brixental Valley you will find the Woipertouringer tips; wherever he appears - be it on hiking boards, signs, in brochures and newspapers - he asks for attention and to observe his suggestions. Remindingly he raises his claw and that should be enough to make nature lovers pay attention. The Woipertouringer in now way seeks to curtail your enjoyment of nature, but quite to the contrary seeks to preserve what has always provided enjoyment - the alpine world in all its diversity.
Tips for correct conduct when ski touring
- During all activities in nature and when selecting routes, observe the rules that are in place (e.g. wildlife reserves, no-hunting zones, reforestation areas, information boards, etc.)
- Respect the quiet zones for wildlife and avoid deeryards and loud noise (e.g. fireworks)
- In winter, cross forested areas only on permitted paths and routes if possible, animals easily panic when hearing noise they cannot identify.
- Recognize wildlife habitats, get out of the way of animals when possible. Watch wildlife only from a distance. Dogs must be kept on a leash. Letting dogs roam around freely in the forest during winter when food is scarce is completely irresponsible.
- Proper time planning: do not stay in nature before sunrise and after sunset. No sports activities outside of approved routes in open natural space.
- Never cross through reforestation areas and new growth areas.
Night / piset ski touring is becoming more and more popular
An increasing number of people have discovered the joys of piste ski touring in recent years. Unfortunately, this often leads to inconsistencies with the cable cars.We have some tips for you which slopes you can use for ski touring even at night. Information for night ski touring at Gaisberg mountain to follow!