Of Counts and Countesses - a walk to the ruins of Engelsburg
We start the tour at the parking area of Salvenaland and walk along the river promenade in the direction of the inn Gasthaus Hörbrunn and further on across Glantersberg to the farmsteads Kainrathen and Formegg. From there we continue along the Thunleitweg and through fields to the ruins of Engelsburg, castle which was destroyed during the Farmers’ War in 1526. We continue our tour and get to the lovely church Elsbethen Kirchlein which is well worth a visit. Past the farmstead Unterrainhof we get back to the parking area of Salvenaland.