The tour starts at the parking lot to the Kaiserbachtal. Along the hiking trail on the left side of the stream you hike into the valley. At the Fischbachalm you will find the mountaineers' chapel in memory of all those who died in the Kaisergebirge. Here you now hike about 100 meters along the toll road to the entrance of the Ranggenalm trail. The path leads you up to the -Vorderen Ranggenalm-. This is looked after by alpine dairyman Michael during the summer months. When he has time, he takes care of the physical well-being of the hikers. The hike now leads you partly through wooded alpine pastures, past the -Großbärental- (an impressive rock gorge) to the Obere Scheibenbichlalm. It is recommended to take a look at the Wilder Kaiser every now and then, as the mighty mountain massif proudly presents its imposing peaks.
A visit to the summit cross at the Obere Scheibenbichlam is worthwhile; on a clear day, there is an impressive view all the way to Lake Chiemsee. Back to the Kaiserbachtal you hike along the forest road to the -Untere Scheibenbichlalm-. Along the forest road you can use shortcuts in very many places. Once you reach the toll road, hike about 1 km out of the valley until you return to the starting point.
TIP: Take enough liquid with you!
- access_time5:45 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt13,7 kmDistance
- terrain1463 mHighest point
- trending_up746 mUphill
- trending_down737 mDownhill
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- gravel, forestpath, narrow mountain path
- Steady trekking shoes
Snacks and full drink bottles
Fully charged mobile phone and charger
First aid kit
- Starting from the region St. Johann in Tirol (Click here for driving description) follow the B176 to Griesenau and turn left at the Kaiserbachtal
- Kirchdorf i.T. Kaiserbachtal 1a