From the hamlet of Wiesenschang in Oberndorf, the hike leads up to the Stanglalm. From the Stanglalm, it is a mighty uphill hike to the Harschbichl. From here you hike along the Ludwig-Scheiber-Steig, past the "Aussichtshut", to the Schützenkreuz on the Kitzbüheler Horn.
This section of the trail is particularly impressive and offers numerous viewpoints. Follow the asphalt road for a short distance and you have already reached the summit. You can comfortably float down to the valley with the well-known summit railway and then take the train back to the starting point.
- access_time5:45 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt10,6 kmDistance
- terrain1984 mHighest point
- trending_up1310 mUphill
- trending_down13 mDownhill
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- forest and meadow paths, partially exposed mountain trails
- Steady trekking shoes
Snacks and full drink bottles
Fully charged mobile phone and charger
First aid kit
- Starting from the region St. Johann in Tirol (Click here for driving description) ontinue on the Speckbacher Straße along the Römerweg to Oberndorf / Wiesenschwang.
- Oberndorf Wiesenschwang car park