Walk along the Mooswaldweg trail to the end of the valley, then turn left over the Griesbach stream and up the alpine path through the Breitauwald forest to the Bichlbauernalm pasture. From there, continue from alpine hut to alpine hut to the Hochbreitaualm, here to the hill with the Kapellkreuz, then to the Kirchberg (1678m).
From the Kirchberg summit via the Gerstbergalm to the Adlerspoint. Continue to the Obingalm and via the Angerlalm or Huberalm back to Erpfendorf.
Sufficient drinks must be carried on this tour, as there is only the first opportunity to stop for refreshments towards the end of the tour.
- access_time6:30 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt23,3 kmDistance
- terrain1663 mHighest point
- trending_up1068 mUphill
- trending_down1064 mDownhill
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- gravel and rocky paths
- Steady trekking shoes
Snacks and full drink bottles
Fully charged mobile phone and charger
First aid kit
- Starting from the region St. Johann in Tirol (Click here for driving description) Follow B178 with direction to Lofer, turn right at parking lot Grießbachklamm (Salzburger Straße)
- Parking lot Grießbachklamm P1 or P2
More information about the tour
Arrival to starting pointPlan route