The tour is mostly on easy hiking trails with only a short section of moderate difficulty. The numerous refreshment stops serving regional delicacies, the glorious scenery of the Kitzbühel Alps with stunning views of the imposing Wilder Kaiser to the north and the main ridge of the Alps to the south make the hike a truly wonderful experience you’ll never forget.
The SkiWelt Panoramic Trail can be hiked in many different ways. Access points and means of ascent and descent on the Bergbahnen Wilder Kaiser – Brixental summer cable cars are to be found in all four of the villages of the Kaiser region: Ellmau, Going, Scheffau and Söll. The Bergbahn Erlebnis-Card gives you unlimited use of all the cable cars as well as entry to the Adventure Worlds.
And the KaiserJet brings you back to your starting point.
Full course of the trail
Astberg – Hochsöll 20 km 840 m ascent 940 m descent app. 6 h (actual walking time)
Hochsöll – Astberg 20 km 940 m ascent 840 m descent app. 6 h (actual walking time)
Astberg – Hartkaiser 13,8 km 690 m ascent 410 m descent 4h
Astberg – Brandstadl 12,6 km 720 m ascent 330 m descent 3h 45 min
Hartkaiser – Astberg 13,8 km 410 m ascent 690 m descent 4h
Hartkaiser – Brandstadl 2,9 km 180 m ascent 50 m descent 50 min
Hartkaiser – Hochsöll 12,2 km 320 m ascent 700 m descent 3h 30 min
Brandstadl – Hochsöll 11 km 230 m ascent 720 m descent 3h 15 min
Brandstadl – Hartkaiser 2,9 km 50 m ascent 180 m descent 50 min
Brandstadl – Astberg 12,6 km 330 m ascent 720 m descent 3h 45 min
Hochsöll – Brandstadl 11 km 720 m ascent 230 m descent 3h 30 min
Hochsöll – Hartkaiser 12,2 km 700 m ascent 320 m descent 3h 45 min
SkiWelt Panoramic Trail
- access_time6:45 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt20,0 kmDistance
- terrain1658 mHighest point
- trending_up720 mUphill
- trending_down820 mDownhill
SkiWelt Panoramic Trail
- check easy / hiking trail
- The composition of the trail varies between forest roads, meadow and forest trails.
- Rucksack, hiking/mountaineering boots, hiking gear (breathable), change of clothes, sun protection (sunglasses, sun cream, headgear), waterproofs (hardshell), cold protection (gloves and hat), water bottle, food for eating on the way, hiking poles if desired, first aid kit, plastic bag for waste, hiking map/route description (gpx track)
- Coming on B178 road from Wörgl, Kufstein or St. Johann, drive to the cable car valley station of your chosen point of departure.
- At the valley stations of every summer cable car in Ellmau, Going, Scheffau and Söll.