Attention: road closed to Langer Grund Kelchsau! Due to construction works on a small hydropower plant access is closed to Langer Grund valley in Kelchsau until probably autumn 2021
This wonderful day hike starts right at Tiefentalalm in the Langer Grund valley in Kelchsau. First we walk leisurely into the valley until Oberkaralm, situated at 1.612m. Then the route continues via a mountain path across lush alpine pastures to the rustic Öfeleralm, which is already situated at 1.988m above sea level. On the way there, you will find lots of alpine roses in spring, which turn the area into a bright pink sea.
After the Öfeleralm, the trail continues uphill towards the summit. Shortly before you reach your destination, you have to cross some large rocks. When you reach the summit cross, you can finally enjoy the stunning view from the gentle, grass-covered summit.
The descent is via the same trail. Alternatively, you can also extend the return route via the “Regenfeldrunde”. To do this, turn off at the Öfeleralm onto the well-signposted trail 77/1. Pass small mountain lakes to the Regenfeldalm and continue to the Ochsenschlagniederalm. From there, take the forest path back to the Tiefentalalm. This detour extends the hike by about 2 h 15 min and 7 km.
There are no refreshment stops on the tour. We therefore strongly recommend that you take enough food and drink with you.
Torhelm (Nr. 77)
- access_time5:30 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt11,9 kmDistance
- terrain2494 mHighest point
- trending_up1050 mUphill
- trending_down1050 mDownhill
Torhelm (Nr. 77)
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- Tiefentalalm, 1439m
- Torhelm, 2494m
- Forest path, hiking trail
- Breathable outdoor clothing
sufficient food and water
First aid kit
Mobile phone with full battery & charger
Hiking map & guide literature
Possibly a GPS device or download the GPS data to your mobile phone
Sun protection (sunglasses, sunscreen & cap)
Rainwear & cash
- From Innsbruck/Munich: A12 exit Wörgl Ost - feeder road B178 towards St. Johann i. T. & Kitzbühel - after the tunnel exit towards Hopfgarten - at the roundabout take the B170 towards Hopfgarten - turn right after the underpass and cross the bridge towards Kelchsau - head into the valley on the L205 Kelchsauer Straße approx. 10 km to toll station (car toll EUR 5,-) - pass toll station and continue straight on Langer Grund - follow Langer Grund for approx. 7,5km to Erla-Brennhütte - from there continue on foot for 4km to Tiefentalalm
From Kitzbühel: B170 Brixentalstraße in the direction of Wörgl - in Hopfgarten, before the second railway underpass, turn left over the bridge in the direction of Kelchsau - approx. 10 km to the toll station (car toll EUR 5.-) - pass the toll station and continue straight on to Langer Grund - follow the Langer Grund route for approx. 7.5 km to Erla-Brennhütte - from there it is a 4 km walk to the Tiefentalalm.
- parking available at Erler Brennhütte (road toll €5,00)