This circular tour starts directly in the centre of Itter at the village square. Pass the village shop and turn right onto the Scherzerweg. This leads uphill in curves to the Scherzer farm. Directly past the farm, the asphalt road turns into a forest road and continues uphill to the unmanaged Barnalm. After another climb, you reach the first stage destination: the KRAFTalm. In addition to the alpine inn, there is also a small chapel and a summit cross on the top. The cosy bench at the cross invites you to sit down, enjoy the view and recharge your battery
After the short break, you take a well-maintained forest path up to the next alpine inn, Alpengasthof Rigi, which tempts you with Tyrolean delicacies and a cosy sun terrace. For the way back, follow the forest road to the Schorn farm and turn off onto a small hiking trail. The trail leads through the forest to the Hofbichl farm. Continue along the road to the "Schlossblick" hill. Change to the forest road and walk downhill to the hamlet of Hacha. From there it is a leisurely walk back to the starting point, the village centre in Itter.
Itter - KRAFTalm
- access_time5:00 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt15,8 kmDistance
- terrain1565 mHighest point
- trending_up840 mUphill
- trending_down840 mDownhill
Itter - KRAFTalm
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- Asphalt, hiking trail, forest road
- Breathable outdoor clothing
sufficient food and drinks
First aid kit
Mobile phone with full battery & charger
Hiking map & guide literature
Possibly a GPS device or download the GPS data to your mobile phone
Sun protection (sunglasses, sunscreen & cap)
- Arriving from Innsbruck/Munich: A12 exit Wörgl Ost - feeder road B178 direction St. Johann i. T. & Kitzbühel - after the tunnel stay on the B178 for approx. 3km (drive under the roundabout) - follow Luechstraße to Loferer Straße - at the large crossroads (left Itter industrial estate) turn right onto Itterer Straße - after a slight road climb you will reach your destination after approx. 1.5km.
Arriving from Kitzbühel: B170 Brixentalstraße in the direction of Wörgl - drive through Hopfgarten until shortly before the town exit (Hopfgarten railway station) - approx. 100m after Hopfgarten railway station, follow the signs to the right to Itter - on Itterer Straße approx. 2km up the mountain until you reach your destination.
- There is a small, free car park at the village square