We start this pleasant bike tour at the bike start area at the free Wasserfeld car park P3 (after the railway underpass towards Kelchsau, turn right after the bridge).
From the car park, we turn right onto the main road to Kelchsau. After about 400 metres, we already leave the road again and turn left over a bridge into the Elsbethen settlement. We follow the signs through the settlement past numerous residential buildings to the Glantersberg / Gruberberg junction.
At the crossroads,we turn right onto the road to Glantersberg. This somewhat steeper path runs along a refreshing, clear stream. After the first small housing estate on the Glantersberg, we are surrounded by beautiful meadows and forests. From here, the cycling continues very pleasantly until a final, steeper climb shortly before we reach the village of Kelchsau. In Kelchsau, a small holiday resort in a side valley of Hopfgarten im Brixental, a picture-book idyll awaits is - beautiful old houses, deep green forests, an untouched mountain area and babbling mountain streams.
Along the Kelchsauer Ache river, the route now leads gently downhill and out of the valley back to Hopfgarten. Shortly before we get there, however, we will pass the Salvenaland leisure park where the bathing lake invites us to take a dip in the cool water against a fantastic natural backdrop.
- access_time1:30 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt14,9 kmDistance
- terrain940 mHighest point
- trending_up340 mUphill
- trending_down340 mDownhill
- check Medium difficulty / red
- Cycling helmet
cycling map (available at the ltourist offices in the region)
water bottle with enough water
- From Innsbruck/Munich: A12 exit Wörgl Ost - feeder road B178 towards St. Johann i. T. & Kitzbühel - after tunnel exit towards Hopfgarten - at roundabout take B170 towards Hopfgarten - in Hopfgarten through railway underpass and right over bridge towards Kelchsau - destination is on right hand side on Kelchsauer Straße immediately after crossing.
From Kitzbühel: B170 Brixentalstraße direction Wörgl - in Hopfgarten before the second railway underpass turn left direction Kelchsau - cross the bridge - destination is on the right hand side at Kelchsauer Straße immediately after the crossroads.
- P3 Wasserfeld car park