We start this leisurely walk right in front of the tourist information office in Hopfgarten. The route takes us past the Familotel and Högerhof farm into the historic town centre. The fronts of the town houses, the narrow alleys and the twin-towered Baroque church – also called “Minster of the Brixental”- make market square a particularly lovely spot in the Kitzbühel Alps.
After the impressive church, the route leads past the town’s graveyard a little uphill through a peacefully situated housing estate to the edge of the forest. Now we continue via a narrow path uphill to a plateau which grants great views of Hopfgarten and the surrounding mountains. There we also find our first station for doing some exercises. Press-ups, pullups, lunges – along G’sundheitsbründlweg we can test how fit we are.
On we go through mixed woodland to a big wooden gate and a bench. From this vantage spot we enjoy a breath-taking view of Kelchsau valley and the cable car Hohe Salve. We continue through the forest and past a stream and via a few steps we get to the heart of G’sundheitsbründlweg – the namesake well of crystal-clear mountain water! Incredibly refreshing!
From there the way goes in a leisurely uphill and downhill until we come to a crossroad. Downhill we go along the forest track which serves as the toboggan run in winter. At the yellow signpost we turn left into the forest. Following the hiking path we get to a small motor skill course in the forest. Now it is time to test our balance. After a wobbly round through the course, the walk continues through woodland over hedge and ditch. With some luck we could catch a glimpse of one or two shy forest dwellers.
After a short descent we soon get to our next and last station along G’sundheitsbründlweg: a viewing platform with a swing. The location of the platform and the amazing panorama of Hopfgarten is terrific. Simply great.
Done with swinging and taking in the view? Then let’s walk through the forest and past Högerhof farm back to where we started, the tourist information office in Hopfgarten.
- access_time1:30 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt4,2 kmDistance
- terrain770 mHighest point
- trending_up190 mUphill
- trending_down190 mDownhill
- check easy / hiking trail
- Asphalt, forest trail, hiking path
- Breathable outdoor clothing
sufficient food and drinks
First aid kit
Mobile phone with full battery & charger
Hiking map & guide literature
Possibly a GPS device or download the GPS data to your mobile phone
Sun protection (sunglasses, sunscreen & cap)
- Arriving from Innsbruck/Munich: A12 exit Wörgl Ost - feeder road B178 towards St. Johann i. T. & Kitzbühel - after the tunnel exit towards Hopfgarten - at the roundabout take the B170 towards Hopfgarten - in Hopfgarten before the railway underpass turn left towards SkiWelt - follow the signs to your destination.
Arriving from Kitzbühel: B170 Brixentalstraße direction Wörgl - in Hopfgarten after the second railway underpass take the first exit on the right direction SkiWelt - follow the signs to your destination.
- Car park P3 Wasserfeld (free of charge) - Kelchsauer Landesstraße - drive through the underpass and over the bridge - the car park is right after the bridge
Lift car park