Attention: road closed to Langer Grund Kelchsau! Due to construction works on a small hydropower plant access is closed to Langer Grund valley in Kelchsau until probably autumn 2021
Start this day tour from the parking lot at the Erla Brennhütte in the Langer Grund valley in Kelchsau. From there follow the sign-posted path (Pallspitze Nr.78) and walk along the forest trail into the Frommtal valley. Along the Frommbach creek the route leads past lush alpine meadows until Frommalm at about 1600 m above sea level.
A wonderful mountain path starts right after Frommalm and leads increasingly steeper to the end of the valley. Always uphill, past the Frommbach headwaters, the tour finally continues to Pallscharte at more than 2000 m. But don’t let yourself be fooled – it is still quite a long way to the summit.
From the Pallscharte keep on following path no. 73 partly over rocky but easily manageable terrain until the summit. Up there you can fully enjoy a well-deserved snack and the amazing view.
The way down into the Langer Grund leads from the summit along the ascent path before following the sign-posted trail to Langer Grund. Via several sepentines you walk past Schöntalsee lake again to blooming alpine pastures.Via the adjacent woodland you get to a dirt track which takes you past Martl-Erlaualm back to your starting point
Crossing of Pallspitze
- access_time6:30 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt15,1 kmDistance
- terrain2389 mHighest point
- trending_up1180 mUphill
- trending_down1170 mDownhill
Crossing of Pallspitze
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- Forest path, mountain road, mostly mountain trail
- Breathable outdoor clothing
sufficient food and water
First aid kit
Mobile phone with full battery & charger
Hiking map & guide literature
Possibly a GPS device or download the GPS data to your mobile phone
Sun protection (sunglasses, sunscreen & cap)
Rainwear & cash
- From Innsbruck/Munich: A12 exit Wörgl Ost - feeder road B178 towards St. Johann i. T. & Kitzbühel - after the tunnel exit towards Hopfgarten - at the roundabout take the B170 towards Hopfgarten - turn right after the underpass and cross the bridge towards Kelchsau - head into the valley on the L205 Kelchsauer Straße approx. 10 km to toll station (car toll EUR 5,-) - pass toll station and continue straight on Langer Grund - follow Langer Grund for approx. 7,5km to Erla-Brennhütte
From Kitzbühel: B170 Brixentalstraße in the direction of Wörgl - in Hopfgarten, before the second railway underpass, turn left over the bridge in the direction of Kelchsau - approx. 10 km to the toll station (car toll EUR 5.-) - pass the toll station and continue straight on to Langer Grund - follow the Langer Grund route for approx. 7.5 km to Erla-Brennhütte.
- free parking at Erla Brennhütte (road toll €5,00)