The tour starts at the Lettenbichl parking area in Angerberg.
From there follow the signposting to Buchackeralm along a well-built forest road which steadily winds uphill through mixed woodland. After a walking time of a bit more than 2 hours you leave the timber line behind you and reach a lush alpine pasture where you can already see your destination – Buchackeralm. While enjoying refreshments at the mountain inn you can take in impressive views of the Kitzbühel Alps and start planning your next summit conquest.
Also very rewarding is a detour from Buchackeralm to the Adlerhorst viewing platform as well as to the Hundalm ice and dripstone cave.
To return back to the valley take the same route you took for the way there.
- access_time4:00 hDuration
- arrow_right_alt9,5 kmDistance
- terrain1335 mHighest point
- trending_up710 mUphill
- trending_down710 mDownhill
- check medium difficulty / red mountain path
- parking area Buchacker ascent from Angerberg
- forest road
- sturdy shoes, sufficient water, change of clothes
- Arrival by car recommended: A12 motorway exit Wörgl Ost - at the roundabout in the direction of Angath/Angerberg - turn into L213 - continue along the road to Angath and on towards Angerberg Linden - take the road on the right towards Mariastein - at the Hotel Kraftquelle Schlossblick turn left towards Embach and further on to the parking area.