Traditional Brixen alpine festival
On 21st September 2019 at the village square in Brixen im Thale
Beyond any doubt, the highlight at the beginning of autumn is when the farmers driving the cattle back into the valley from the alpine pastures. In Brixen a traditional alpine festival takes place to celebrate the occasion, where you have the opportunity to sample typical Brixental fare and regional treats, be amazed at the artisans and purchase genuine farm produce. Traditional, excellent music and a great atmosphere also feature too of course.
Almabtriebe im Brixental
Jährlich locken die Almabtriebe des Brixentals hunderte Gäste in die Tiroler Alpen. Mitten im Herzen der Kitzbüheler Alpen sind die "Hoamfahrer-Feste" noch richtig traditionell.
Programme points for the alpine festival in Brixen im Thale
- Traditional alpine festival with the 'Schmankerlstrasse' with Brixen's hosts and farmers
- A traditional early morning pint with Brixen's music group
- Entertainment with live music "Die Jugen Zellberger"
- Farmers market - with a variety of stands
- Children's play festival for our little guests
- The cattle, decked out in their finery, return to the village